Saturday, April 9, 2016

Take My House, Please!

So, I'm boob deep in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare that's been building for about two weeks when I get some horrible news.

Things are still a little too raw for me to spell them out in great detail here, so let's just say that my financial stress was compounded by an exponent of about ten with a series of emails I received between me, my general contractor, and my Realtor regarding a home I've been trying to sell for going on three years.

Yeah, three years.

I got a new job in a new state in 2013, and have not been able to sell my old house yet. There's a certain level of stress that comes part and parcel with that sort of predicament (as well as a shit-ton of debt). It is not, I assure you, a stress that comes and goes. I have two mortgages and one income every day until that piece of crap sells. The weight of that burden is ever present.

Honestly, there have been many times since my fibromyalgia diagnosis when I have wondered if this stress is the root cause of my fibromyalgia. What if I could just sell that property? Could I be normal again?

It's kind of a dangerous question to ask. Because when the house is no longer my responsibility and I'm still fighting the pain and malaise every day of my life, it'll be that much harder to scrounge up some hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment