Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Immaculate Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies Review

On my husband's last trip to Meijer, he bought me Immaculate Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies to try while I continue to contemplate whether or not I have Celiac Disease.

We've always liked the convenience of refrigerated dough, whether we buy pre-packaged stuff or make it from scratch and store it in air-tight containers. Small batches of freshly baked cookies are where it's at, if you ask me.

Immaculate Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Price: 3.59
Count: 12
Taste: 5/5
Texture: 4/5

The Bad News
These cookies were neither crisp nor chewy; they seemed almost raw even when thoroughly cooked. In fact, it was kind of surprising that at the end of their baking time, they were very brown but not hard as a rock.

Also, who needs that "please do not eat raw dough" negativity? Am I right?

The Good News
The taste is sweet and chocolatey and sure to satisfy a dessert craving. I have a hunch that these suckers would be fantastically gooey topped with some vanilla ice cream. (Incidentally, these are dairy-free cookies, so if you're getting them for that reason? Totally skip the ice cream.)

The Verdict
To me these are worth the price. First, you can make just a few at a time if you want. Plus, they're handy if you're looking for an indulgent treat that doesn't require the effort of actual baking and the hassle of clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment